World Content Guidelines
Bridgewater Bride World Content Guidelines:
To accompany the World Content Guidelines is a Bridgewater Brides Bible that offers details about characters and places and is available upon request. Click here to download.
- Book length: Books must be between 35-45k.
- This series is a ménage series: M/F/M only. The book can have 2 or more men and one woman. The men are the dominants in the books.
- No sex until after marriage! There can be some hanky-panky beforehand, but the men MUST put a ring on it before sex of any kind.
- The Brides are either virgins or widowed.
- At least one scene of punishment in the form of spanking is recommended, however if it does not ‘fit’ your book, it is not required. Spanking can be for punishment or sexual play. It can be as nominal as a single swat or an entire scene.
- Story must be written concurrently with the other books (i.e. the story can’t jump ahead ten years.)
- Respect the Rights of Others: We take violations of laws and proprietary rights very seriously. It is your responsibility to ensure that your content complies with all laws and does not violate the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other right of any other person. The use of unauthorized third party intellectual property (including but not limited to characters, logos, or lyrics) is prohibited.
- Create High-Quality Works: An excellent customer reading experience is paramount to KSA Worlds. KSA Publishing reserves the right to determine whether content provides a poor customer experience and will either suggest edits and/or reject the Work at KSA Publishing’s discretion.
- Promote Your Creative Vision: Your writing and vision should be the focus in your KSA Worlds fiction. Paid advertising or excessive use of brand names is prohibited.
- Cultivate One World at a Time: KSA Publishing doesn’t permit crossovers from other KSA Worlds, meaning your work may not include elements of any copyright-protected book, movie, or other property outside of the elements of this World.
- Choose Your Words with Care: Offensive content is prohibited, including but not limited to racial slurs, or excessive use of foul language. A sprinkling of ‘shit, damn, hell, fuck,’ etc. is allowed, including the use of ‘fuck’ as a verb. No graphic depictions of brutality or torture. Violence is acceptable in battles or other action scenes as long as it is relevant to the plot and not excessive. As this is an ambiguous rule, KSA Publishing and World Owner may reject elements of your Book because of this rule and/or request modification.
- Write romance appropriately: Sexual content, including erotica, is permitted. Taboo subjects include pedophilia, rape or incest, necrophilia, hate messages which are maligning and/or offensive to any race, gender, religion, or sexuality, bestiality or main characters under the age of eighteen (18) are forbidden. Scenes that depict abuse or harm to women will not be condoned, approved or allowed. Attempted rape on the part of antagonist characters is acceptable provided that the scene is relevant to the plot, the depiction is not overly graphic or excessively violent, and that the antagonist is stopped before completing the act. The fact that a character has been a victim of rape can form an element of their backstory, as long as the rape is not described in any significant detail. No depictions of spankings, canings, whippings, etc. which break the skin, draw blood, or leave permanent scars. The fact that a character has been a victim of any of the above can be an element of their backstory, as long as the event is not described in any significant detail. No depictions of spanking or any other form of corporal punishment applied to individuals who are under the age of eighteen (18). The fact that a character was spanked or received other common forms of corporal punishment as a child can be an element of their backstory, as long as the event is not described in any significant detail.
- Use of Certain Characters: You are permitted to use original characters created by other KSA Worlds authors writing in this World with very specific rules:
You can include previous main characters as secondary characters in your Book. They can be included for cohesiveness of the World but those characters can NOT be changed. For example, a character can’t be killed. A character can’t lose a leg in an axe accident. A character can’t be pregnant with twins. They can escort your heroine to town. They can be in the room when the heroine tells the hero she is really a spy. As this is an ambiguous rule, KSA Publishing and World Owner may reject elements of your Book because of this rule and/or request modification.
It is NOT required to set your book at the Bridgewater Ranch or include characters from previous books. It is possible to only mention a previous character and the reasoning behind a plural marriage as the ‘connection’ to the Bridgewater series.
- Research the time period: Be sure that your Book is historically accurate. No hay bales, modern euphemisms or expressions, etc.